23 7 / 2014
Short but sweet.
That’s how I would describe last Sunday’s getaway in a not-so-far-away paradise – the beauty that is Pandin Lake. Being one of the seven lakes found in San Pablo City, Laguna, Pandin is a lake that boasts of a very nice greenery that wholly surrounds it. A first peek at the place and it’s definitely the first thing that would make anyone go woah. The water and the mass of trees that makes for a great backdrop, that with the blue sky over it, they complement each other flawlessly. Oh, there’s nothing like it.
And in that beauty, in that lake perfection that I just described, was where I had my post-birthday celebration with friends. I couldn’t have celebrated it anywhere else better. Lucky me!
The place was one thing, but the experience was a whole other story.
When we toured the lake, we were on a balsa – with a freaking kubo on it – just the coolest thing. And while we were drinking in Pandin’s beauty and chillin’ on a balsa, with a halo-halo in hand, seafoods and ensalada on the table and Magic!’s Rude on the speaker, we couldn’t help but say This is the life! for it really was. Sarap!
Continue reading on: http://iheartnona.blogspot.com/2014/07/pandin-lake-post-birthday-quickie.html
05 6 / 2014
I found out about this great idea on Nothing Spaces and Wild Spirit, and then I got inspired to start writing my own series of happy things. Why? Because it is what it is, a simple yet loud reminder of the good things, the little joys, that materialize day in and day out. It is refreshing and cathartic to find out that there are actually far more happy happenings around us than we initially think if we only choose to look closely. This also is a great way to get the cheery spirit back on down days particularly.
- The few, precious cold nights in summer
- Coca-Cola and that burning feeling in my throat when I gulp it down. Yes, I can be that shallow.
- Puerto Galera and Batangas memories
- Long, random conversations that shift from being all funny to all serious and back to all funny again with my favorite person
- Cheap but cute stuff. Super steal!
- Washing the dishes and sweeping the floor sometimes
- Unplanned lunch-outs, dinners, hangouts. I hate my bloated tummy, but a good company and good food! Who could resist that?!
- Bullying and being bullied back by the pamangkins
- The honesty that comes from me
- Messaging friends on a random night, even when I don’t really have anything to say, because I want them to know I remember them, and vice versa.
- Seeing that traffic is at its worst and knowing I have nowhere else to be but at home. Hallelujah.
- The BK Flame-grilled Cheeseburger bondings. Plus large fries.
And while you’re at it, you might also want to read other people’s lists because they are just so inspiring.
30 5 / 2014
One must roam around and explore the other surrounding islands to fully enjoy the wonder because there’s where the real treasure lies – within all the little and bigger things as a whole.
Island hopping and snorkeling were the true highlights of the trip. We were brought from one virgin island to another. And though I didn’t get to know the names of those islands, they would surely remain in my memory forever. I will never forget such incredible places. The whole time we were on the boat I felt like I was a part of a flawless painting. I couldn’t believe such beauty was alive. I relished every second of the experience.
Continue reading on: http://iheartnona.blogspot.com/2014/05/puerto-galera-because-beach-owed-us.html