18 9 / 2014
So many good things have happened lately. And though it may feel a little too soon for another Happy List (since there have only been two posts since the last one), I am so happy I got to let the emotion out.
- Setting aside my laptop, for once, to actually write on my personal leather journal because: (a) my penmanship’s already getting bad and I don’t like my crooked handwriting and (b) it’s sometimes more stimulating to the mind to have a pen in hand to stroke on paper
- New Vans sneakers with gum sole
- Potatoes with melted cheese x pancakes with chocolate syrup
- Ice creams and chocolates
- Riding the penny board farther than two meters without falling. Achievement!
- Weird as it may be, the smell of gasoline filling the tank, sniffs with eyes closed
- The motivation that results to daaaaays of no softdrinks in my system
- Randomly hugging the taller and bigger pamangkins despite their being against it (Haha!)
- Suits S03, so much drama going on in this season but so much happiness in being able to catch up on where things stand with Harvey, Mike, Louis, Jessica, and Donna.
- Plans that make me look forward to the coming days
- Ber months! The sight of Christmas displays brings nothing but joy to my heart
- Days that are just so perfect – because I am lucky enough to have them
In the many random, uneventful, ordinary days lie little things, which when collectively thought of, make the heart skip a beat in delight.
Read more on: http://iheartnona.blogspot.com
11 9 / 2014
Reflected In You picks up where the story of Eva and Gideon left off with Bared To You with more outside forces – their families, friends, shrink, and mainly previous relationships – and more action and more drama getting involved along the way.
This sequel digs deeper on the effects and repercussions of the traumatic sexually abusive pasts of both central characters, acknowledging the fact that in the first novel said history was only introduced and barely discussed. In great connection, trust issues are brought up once more. But above and beyond all their problems, this book shows how deep their love for each other has gotten into them physically, emotionally, mentally, and romantically.
“You’re the greatest risk I’ve ever taken. And the greatest reward.” – Gideon Cross
First off, this book is too graphic! There was too much sex happening! And it did not fail to document every detail of how things went down where that aspect was concerned. Haha! I mean I knew what I was in for, but it still surprised me when I read line after line after line of raw and carnal sex. Haha!
“Because of you, the world makes sense to me in a way it didn’t before. I have a place now, with you.” – Gideon Cross
If Eva and Gideon have proven anything, it is that them holding on to the love they have for each other, no matter how quirky and crazy it is, is worth everything. Though their appreciation for and treatment of each other are quite hard to dig and relate to, the resulting actions of their extreme degree of love is still pretty romantic stuff. Indeed, love knows no bounds.
Continue reading on: http://iheartnona.blogspot.com/2014/09/reflected-in-you-by-sylvia-day.html